Anniversary of D-Day Landings to be commemorated with event in popular park
- Credit: Archant
The 75th anniversary of the D-Day Landings will be commemorated in Lowestoft with a special event.
Lowestoft Town Council has organised a People's Picnic in the Park - as Sparrow's Nest in the town hosts an event that marks 75 years since the beginning of the end of the Second World War.
Between 6pm and 8pm on Thursday, June 6 people are being encouraged to bring a picnic and enjoy some live music from the era courtesy of the Super Swing Big Band.
Cafés in the park will be open, and military vehicles will be on display.
A post on the Lowestoft Town Council Facebook page states: "Thursday, June 6 2019 will mark the 75th anniversary of the D-Day Landings.
You may also want to watch:
"Lowestoft Town Council is organising a People's Picnic in the Park in Sparrows Nest in commemoration of this.
"Bring a picnic and enjoy a set of live music from the era from the Super Swing Big Band."
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country