Performance of Tennessee Williams’ ‘Suddenly Last Summer’ to be staged at Beccles Public Hall
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The work of an iconic American playwright will be bought to life with a series of special performances across Waveney.
Tennessee Williams' 'Suddenly Last Summer' is set to be staged at Beccles Public Hall, in Smallgate, on Friday, November 10.
The play is set in New Orleans and is centred around the early use of lobotomies to 'cure' serious mental behaviour.
It originally opened off Broadway in 1958 and follows the story of a young girl threatened with a lobotomy in a desperate bid to stop her recounting the macabre death of her cousin.
Suffolk's Open Space Theatre Company is behind the adaption which will visit seven venues across Waveney Valley.
You may also want to watch:
David Green, director, said: 'In the days of Donald Trump and post-truth, this play has a contemporary feel as the characters struggle to separate truth from illusion.'
Tickets for the event are available by calling 01502 770060 or by visiting www.becclespublichall.org.uk
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home