Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station
A person was rescued by fire fighters after a blaze which affected the first floor of a flat.
Fire crews were called at 10.58pm on Thursday, June 10, to an address on Spexhall Way, Lowestoft.
One crew from Great Yarmouth, one from North Lowestoft and two from South Lowestoft attended the scene of the blaze.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue confirmed that one person was treated at the scene and they are liaising with Suffolk Police about the incident.
She said: "Fire crews were called to a first floor flat fire on Spexhall Way in Lowestoft at 10.58pm on Thursday, June 10.
"One person was rescued by the fire service from the first floor bedroom in the flat.
"Two pumps and a hose reel were used to extinguish the fire and breathing apparatus were also used.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 6 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 9 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
"Fire service are currently liaising with Suffolk Police concerning this matter."
A stop message was received at 11.20pm on Thursday, June 10.