Paws in the pews at popular pet service
- Credit: Archant
All creatures great and small will descend on a north Suffolk church for a popular pet service this weekend.
An informal thanksgiving service for animals and their owners will take centre stage at the parish church of St Mary in Somerleyton.
The church service with a difference is set to celebrate the lives of all pets, as owners and animal lovers congregate.
The pet service takes place at 11am at St Mary's Church in Blundeston Road, Somerleyton.
A church spokesman said: "Please come with or without pets for an informal thanksgiving service not only for our companions but working dogs such as guide dogs for the blind - we give any donations to this organisation.
You may also want to watch:
"There will be refreshments for all after the service.
"Rev Glen Brooks will be pleased to welcome you and a happy time is usually had by all."
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode