Peter Ginn and Alex Langlands from popular BBC2 series Wartime Farm set to hit Lowestoft
A SPECIAL event is being held in Lowestoft next week.
Peter Ginn and Alex Langlands, from BBC2's acclaimed television series Wartime Farm, will meet fans at a special talk and book signing evening in Lowestoft.
In an event organised by Waterstones Lowestoft, they will be giving a talk about the television series and signing copies of their new book Wartime Farm at the Lowestoft 60+ Club in clapham Road, next Friday, October 26 from 7pm.
Tickets cost �3, and are available from the shop in London Road North, and redeemable against purchase of the book on the night.
With a call to all to come and meet the wartime farmers, the book Wartime Farm accompanies the major eight-part series that is currently airing on BBC2.
You may also want to watch:
Presenters and authors, Alex Langlands, Peter Ginn and Ruth Goodman spend a year turning the clock back and running a Hampshire farm as it would have been in the second world war. They deal with everything from the desperate battle to get as much land as possible under cultivation, mobilising the land army, raising livestock and keeping oneself entertained.
Both book and television series illustrate a fascinating chapter in Britain's recent history and show how our predecessors lived and thrived in difficult conditions with extreme frugality and ingenuity.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
Described as having 'fascinating historical detail and atmospheric story-telling' this book is 'a truly compelling read.'