IN Oulton Broad, as many local people and thousands of visitors are aware, there is a little haven for adults and children alike, called Pet's Corner.The general theme is fun combined with a bit of education, all done on a nice small scale so that there is a real feeling of intimacy with the animals and birds.
IN Oulton Broad, as many local people and thousands of visitors are aware, there is a little haven for adults and children alike, called Pet's Corner.
The general theme is fun combined with a bit of education, all done on a nice small scale so that there is a real feeling of intimacy with the animals and birds.
Animals amble about and rabbits and guinea pigs are on display. There are parrots, monkeys, meer cats, wallabies and lizards. In fact, all the animals that children love to see and take an interest in.
But on April 19 one or more intruders broke in. Were they after cash or just making mischief? No, they weren't. What they did was to go on a killing spree.
You may also want to watch:
Not only did the intruders kill, but the evidence suggests that they took pleasure in doing so.
When the owners and their young assistants arrived they walked into what they called a 'bloodbath' in several different areas of the centre, with parts of the animals that they had been caring for the previous evening strewn around.
- 1 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 2 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Who knows what motivates people to undertake such pathetically cruel and cowardly acts.
The police have put considerable effort into undertaking an investigation but they will require all of the assistance that we can give. So, if you saw or heard anything suspicious please call them.