IN Oulton Broad, as many local people and thousands of visitors are aware, there is a little haven for adults and children alike, called Pet's Corner.The general theme is fun combined with a bit of education, all done on a nice small scale so that there is a real feeling of intimacy with the animals and birds.
IN Oulton Broad, as many local people and thousands of visitors are aware, there is a little haven for adults and children alike, called Pet's Corner.
The general theme is fun combined with a bit of education, all done on a nice small scale so that there is a real feeling of intimacy with the animals and birds.
Animals amble about and rabbits and guinea pigs are on display. There are parrots, monkeys, meer cats, wallabies and lizards. In fact, all the animals that children love to see and take an interest in.
But on April 19 one or more intruders broke in. Were they after cash or just making mischief? No, they weren't. What they did was to go on a killing spree.
Not only did the intruders kill, but the evidence suggests that they took pleasure in doing so.
When the owners and their young assistants arrived they walked into what they called a 'bloodbath' in several different areas of the centre, with parts of the animals that they had been caring for the previous evening strewn around.
- 1 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 2 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 6 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 7 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 10 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
Who knows what motivates people to undertake such pathetically cruel and cowardly acts.
The police have put considerable effort into undertaking an investigation but they will require all of the assistance that we can give. So, if you saw or heard anything suspicious please call them.