Pets contest still open for entries
- Credit: Archant
Picture perfect pets are still being sought as the quest to find the best continues.
There's still time for pets in the Lowestoft and Southwold areas to be entered into our popular contest.
We're looking for the cutest canines, fabulous felines and the area's other photogenic pets to enter into The Journal's Pets on Parade competition.
We have teamed up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, for this year's contest once more – and as in previous years, there is an opportunity on offer to win some great prizes.
After hundreds of readers' votes flooded into The Journal's office for the pets featured in last year's closely-fought competition, the battle for the top spots is likely to be fierce once again.
You may also want to watch:
Last February, we published a special pull-out featuring pictures of 95 pets who all entered the competition in the hope of being crowned the 2015 Pets on Parade champions.
So to ensure your pet has a chance of emulating last year's winners, you will need to enter your pet by filling in the form on this page and booking your pet in to have its photo taken at Picture Studios for the week beginning Monday, February 1.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
All of the photographs will appear in The Journal in the very near future, along with a form allowing people to vote for their favourite.
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios.
The winners of the cats category will receive the same prize and the winners of the other pets category will also win the canvas wrap portrait.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
? Simply book to have your pet's picture taken by ringing 01502 573154, or drop into Picture Studios at 117, London Road North, Lowestoft.
? The entry form MUST be handed over to Picture Studios staff before the photos are taken. Early booking is recommended.