Could your pet be crowned top dog? There’s still time to enter our Pets on Parade competition!
- Credit: Archant
Do you own a dashing dog, fabulous feline or another amazing pet which deserves its time in the spotlight?
There's still time to enter our Pets on Parade competition back for another year in partnership with Picture Studios.
The competition is open to pet owners in Lowestoft and the surrounding towns and villages, with amazing prizes up for grabs for the winners voted in first, second and third place.
All you need to do to enter is book a photo slot at Picture Studios in Lowestoft town centre, buy a copy of this week's Lowestoft Journal and fill out the coupon included with the competition details.
The winning pet in each of the three categories - dogs, cats and other animals - will be presented with a stunning 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait of their pet, worth £190. And there's great prizes on offer for the runners-up too, with a 10in x 8in framed portrait, worth £60, presented to the three pet owners in second place, and a 7in x 5in portrait, worth £46, for those in third place.
You may also want to watch:
But even those that don't win will still get their moment in the spotlight, as we will be publishing a special pull-out featuring photos of all the entries in The Journal for our readers to vote for the winners. And you can always pop into Picture Studios to order your own copies of the photos, with special offers running that week only.
Matt Goddard, owner of Picture Studios, said: 'We know how much people love their pets and we enjoyed seeing the winners' faces last year when they collected the lovely canvas prints of their prized pets.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
'As well as cats and dogs we are excited to see some of the weird and wonderful pets people share their homes with. Last year we had a squirrel, a tarantula and a ferret to name a few.'
To ensure your pet is in with a chance of winning, call Picture Studios on 01502 573154 to make an appointment to have your pet's photo taken, or drop into the premises at 117 London Road North in Lowestoft town centre.
Those wishing to enter must fill in and hand over the entry form included in the paper on the day your photos are taken. Early booking is highly recommended as spaces are limited.
You can book to have your photo taken anytime from Monday, February 5, to Saturday, February 10. Bookings will be taken from 9am to 5pm during the week and up until lunchtime on Saturday.