It’s time to vote for your Pets on Parade winners!
- Credit: Archant
Scores of cute cats and dapper dogs have been entered into The Journal's 2018 Pets on Parade contest.
And we also have some other adorable animals vying for the top prizes too.
A total of 73 pets have been entered with 58 dogs, 11 cats and four other pets that are in the running this year.
And now we are asking you, our readers, to vote for your favourites.
The competition, which is being run in conjunction with Picture Studios, based in Lowestoft town centre in London Road North, gives readers the chance to vote for their winning animal in each category.
You may also want to watch:
There are no prizes awarded to those of you who send in your votes, but there are some great prizes on offer to the owners of the picture perfect pets who receive the most votes, and the runners-up too.
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for any pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes on offer for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each category.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
The owners of the winning pets will receive a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait – worth £190 – of their dog, cat or other pet, courtesy of Picture Studios.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in portraits from Picture Studios, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits – worth £46 – going to those in third place.
By voting in the competition you will be helping us to choose the most attractive animals in our circulation area – and no doubt putting a big smile on the faces of their proud owners.
Once the votes have been counted, the winning owners will be contacted to arrange for a presentation of the prizes.
To cast your vote, simply buy a copy of this week's Lowestoft Journal, fill in the entry coupon printed and send it to us to arrive by noon on Friday, March 9.
You can vote as many times as you wish – but photocopies will not be accepted.
And any pet owners who would still like to order copies of the photos taken of their pet are welcome to pop into Picture Studios.