Pleasant pheasant wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot capturing a pheasant atop a giant hay bale has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by 62-year-old Anne Mortlock, of Hopton-on-Sea, who used her Canon 7D Mark II.
Ms Mortlock said: 'I had been out with a friend to Wheatacre Fen and had hoped to see some birds.
'This lovely pheasant caught my eye as it looked like it was surveying the countryside.
'I like the colours of the hay bale but mainly I just liked the way the pheasant is sitting on top of it and I like to imagine what the pheasant is thinking at the end of the day.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms Mortlock receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members