Photo gallery: Alice is in wonderland at Lowestoft’s St Mary’s Primary School
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Pupils at a Lowestoft school are embarking on a magical musical journey.
Year six pupils at St Mary's Primary are putting on Alice: The Musical for their leaving show.
The first performance was on Wednesday and the show is also being staged today and Monday.
Based on Lewis Carroll's classic story Alice in Wonderland, the 90-minute production – involving all 25 pupils in the year group – features the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, the Queen of Hearts and other weird and wonderful characters from the ever-popular children's book.
Pupils have been rehearsing since May and they have also taken on the roles of sound and lighting technicians and prop-makers.
You may also want to watch:
They are being backed by a 40-strong choir made up of other children from the school.
Cherie Pointon, a teacher at the school, said: 'The end result has been a colourful, lively production with the pupils working hard to make something amazing and memorable as part of their last few weeks at the school.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham