Photo gallery: Peppa Pig visits Mutford to raise money for charity
CLIMBING and rolling were just two of the activities enjoyed by youngsters at a Suffolk village today, all in aid of charity.
Celebrating their 18th National Children's Activity Week, the Waveney branch of the physical play programme Tumble Tots, put on an event for young children to get involved in fun exercise at Mutford Village Hall.
The event was organised in support of Tommy's – a UK charity solely dedicated to finding treatments to prevent problems in pregnancy – and with the help of TV's Peppa Pig, organisers of the campaign 'Roll Over with Peppa for Tommy's' hope to raise more than �50,000.
Co-owner of Tumble Tots Waveney Gerry Doy, said: 'It was a fun day and was totally hilarious. The kids adored Peppa Pig and our mascot 'TT'.'
Throughout the week it is expected that approximately 160 children in Waveney will attended different Tumble Tots' classes, carrying out 10 different rolling activities themed around Peppa Pig.
You may also want to watch:
The active play programme is for children aged from six months to seven years and is designed to develop youngsters' agility, balance and coordination and climbing, as well as developing their personalities.
Mrs Doy added: 'It helps them with their physical skills but is also very instructed and it teaches them social skills as well. Mutford was a lovely venue to work in and was well equipped.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 8 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 9 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 10 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
'We just hope we people will keep donating to Tommy's.'
Co-owner Angela Clarke added: 'Peppa Pig is a favourite with our Tumble Tots members; they simply love the antics she gets up to, particularly jumping in the muddy puddles and all the different physical activities she does.'
The programme has seen more than a million children benefit since 1979.
'Roll over with Peppa'teaches children the main benefits of straight rolling, which promotes the co-ordination of the upper and lower body moving together.
• If you want to find out more about Tommys or to donate visit the website www.tommys.org
• For more information about Waveney Tumble Tots call Mrs Clarke on 01502 582453 or visit the website www.tumbletots.com/Waveney