Photo of children watching cheeky squirrel wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
When a cheeky squirrel wandered up to Lee Palmer's window during a holiday at Center Parcs, he couldn't resist popping outside to take a photograph.
And the shot, with his children in the background, has been chosen as this week's Picture of the Week.
The 33-year-old from Great Yarmouth, took this photo on an Olympus camera at Elveden during his wedding anniversary celebrations.
He said: 'The photo was planned after seeing my youngest stare out of the doors at a squirrel, I saw him turn around with the biggest grin on his face, and it made me want to try and capture the inquisition to a new animal he hadn't seen before.
'The Olympus has a remote smartphone app, which allows me to see what my camera is seeing from a distance and snap a photo so I set my camera up outside and put down some food and waited, it only took 10 to 15 minutes to capture the photo once set-up.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Palmer receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'