Photo of children watching cheeky squirrel wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
When a cheeky squirrel wandered up to Lee Palmer's window during a holiday at Center Parcs, he couldn't resist popping outside to take a photograph.
And the shot, with his children in the background, has been chosen as this week's Picture of the Week.
The 33-year-old from Great Yarmouth, took this photo on an Olympus camera at Elveden during his wedding anniversary celebrations.
He said: 'The photo was planned after seeing my youngest stare out of the doors at a squirrel, I saw him turn around with the biggest grin on his face, and it made me want to try and capture the inquisition to a new animal he hadn't seen before.
'The Olympus has a remote smartphone app, which allows me to see what my camera is seeing from a distance and snap a photo so I set my camera up outside and put down some food and waited, it only took 10 to 15 minutes to capture the photo once set-up.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Palmer receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk