Photogenic pets sought for prizes
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Is your pet a winner?
There's still time for pets in the Lowestoft and Southwold areas to enter our popular contest.
The cutest canines, fabulous felines and the area's other photogenic pets are all welcome to enter into The Journal's Pets on Parade competition.
We have teamed up with Picture Studios, in Lowestoft town centre, for this year's contest once more – and as in previous years, there is an opportunity on offer to win some great prizes.
After hundreds of readers' votes flooded into The Journal's office for the pets featured in last year's closely-fought competition, the battle for the top spots is once again likely to be fierce.
You may also want to watch:
Last February, we published a special pull-out featuring pictures of 95 pets who all entered the competition in the hope of being crowned the 2015 Pets on Parade champions.
So to ensure your pet has a chance of emulating last year's winners, you will need to enter your pet by filling in the form on this page and booking your pet in to have its photo taken at Picture Studios for the week beginning Monday, February 1.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
All of the photographs will appear in The Journal in the very near future, along with a form allowing people to vote for their favourite.
The competition has three categories: Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios.
The winners of the cats category will receive the same prize and the winners of the other pets category will also win the canvas wrap portrait.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
? Simply book to have your pet's picture taken by ringing 01502 573154, or drop into Picture Studios at 117, London Road North, Lowestoft.
? You MUST hand over an entry form - available from the past two Journal editions – to Picture Studios staff before the photos are taken.
Early booking is recommended.