Photographic and Digital Imaging Club
The first meeting of the year was a celebration of last year's work as trophies were presented to all the overall competition winners. The president of the club John Watson said how delighted he was to present these cups and that they represented hard and consistent work on the part of the winners.
The first meeting of the year was a celebration of last year's work as trophies were presented to all the overall competition winners. The president of the club John Watson said how delighted he was to present these cups and that they represented hard and consistent work on the part of the winners. The print section cups were awarded to Steve Dillon (open section), Bob Dawson and John Pitts (portrait section), Lynda Snowling (natural history), Edwina Beaumont and John Pitts (record) and Peter Lockyear (novice).
The projected images section cups were awarded to Bev Harrison (open), Trevor Cox (portrait), Edwina Beaumont (natural history), John Watson (record) and Peter Eyles (novice).
Members then looked at the winners pictures from last year and a selection of pictures from the summer outdoor events. The evening concluded with a buffet and exchange and chance to talk about the summer.
The club meets every Wednesday evening at 7.30pm, at Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Park Road, Lowestoft. Anyone with an interest in photography is welcome to come and join in the meetings.
You may also want to watch:
The club is holding its annual exhibition at Lowestoft Library from Sunday, September 13 to Sunday, September 27.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft