Photographic and Digital Imaging Club
The first meeting of the year was a celebration of last year's work as trophies were presented to all the overall competition winners. The president of the club John Watson said how delighted he was to present these cups and that they represented hard and consistent work on the part of the winners.
The first meeting of the year was a celebration of last year's work as trophies were presented to all the overall competition winners. The president of the club John Watson said how delighted he was to present these cups and that they represented hard and consistent work on the part of the winners. The print section cups were awarded to Steve Dillon (open section), Bob Dawson and John Pitts (portrait section), Lynda Snowling (natural history), Edwina Beaumont and John Pitts (record) and Peter Lockyear (novice).
The projected images section cups were awarded to Bev Harrison (open), Trevor Cox (portrait), Edwina Beaumont (natural history), John Watson (record) and Peter Eyles (novice).
Members then looked at the winners pictures from last year and a selection of pictures from the summer outdoor events. The evening concluded with a buffet and exchange and chance to talk about the summer.
The club meets every Wednesday evening at 7.30pm, at Trinity Methodist Church Hall, Park Road, Lowestoft. Anyone with an interest in photography is welcome to come and join in the meetings.
You may also want to watch:
The club is holding its annual exhibition at Lowestoft Library from Sunday, September 13 to Sunday, September 27.
- 1 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 2 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold