Serene shot of sail boat silhouetted by sunset wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking shot of a sail boat gliding across the water as it is silhouetted against a gorgeous sunset at Oulton Broad's North Bay was taken by 71-year-old Peter Waller.
Mr Waller, from Oulton Broad, used his Olympus DSLR to capture the moment.
He said: 'I saw the lighting develop and waited until it was just right.
'I like the picture because it captures the distinct quality of light that we have on the Broads.'
Mr Waller added: 'It feels good to win Picture of the Week.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Waller receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree