Serene shot of sail boat silhouetted by sunset wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This breathtaking shot of a sail boat gliding across the water as it is silhouetted against a gorgeous sunset at Oulton Broad's North Bay was taken by 71-year-old Peter Waller.
Mr Waller, from Oulton Broad, used his Olympus DSLR to capture the moment.
He said: 'I saw the lighting develop and waited until it was just right.
'I like the picture because it captures the distinct quality of light that we have on the Broads.'
Mr Waller added: 'It feels good to win Picture of the Week.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Waller receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode