Exquisite photo of starling murmuration wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful photograph of a starling murmuration rising above a herd of deer in Minsmere was taken by 75-year-old John Forster.
Mr Forster from Carlton Colville, used his Panasonic DMC-TZ35 to take the shot.
He was heading home after spending a 'pleasant Sunday' in Minsmere with family, when they spotted a cloud of birds starting to gather.
Mr Forster said: 'The starlings were flying in groups of 10 or 20 and were joining trhe large group in the background well behind the deer.
Suddenly it looked like the murmuration were heading towards the deer. As the photo shows they did - what a sight.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Forster receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success