Rare shot of hunting owls sharing a perch wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot capturing the rare moment two barn owls shared a perch mid-hunt was taken by Kevin Coote at Carlton Marshes.
The 55-year old from Lowestoft used his Canon 7D MKII to take the shot.
Mr Coote said: 'I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer and spend many hours on the marshes.
'I was very lucky to get this shot, it was a case of right place, right time as it is quite rare to see two adult barn owls together like this.
'They had been hunting apart but all of a sudden came together on the branch for a few moments.
You may also want to watch:
'I am over the moon to have won with this shot and am happy that others can share this rare moment through my photography.'
As our winner, Mr Coote receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org