Rare shot of hunting owls sharing a perch wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful shot capturing the rare moment two barn owls shared a perch mid-hunt was taken by Kevin Coote at Carlton Marshes.
The 55-year old from Lowestoft used his Canon 7D MKII to take the shot.
Mr Coote said: 'I am a keen amateur wildlife photographer and spend many hours on the marshes.
'I was very lucky to get this shot, it was a case of right place, right time as it is quite rare to see two adult barn owls together like this.
'They had been hunting apart but all of a sudden came together on the branch for a few moments.
You may also want to watch:
'I am over the moon to have won with this shot and am happy that others can share this rare moment through my photography.'
As our winner, Mr Coote receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com