Artistic black and white bridge shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This wonderful black and white photograph showing the footbridge at Belle Vue Park illuminated at night was taken by Glenn Long.
The 57-year-old from Carlton Colville used his Nikon D810 with a tripod and light sabre to create the beautiful image.
He said: 'I was inspired by a Canadian photographer and attempted to emulate his images with my own twist.
'I think the picture works well with the ironwork and handrails leading you into the image, whilst the lighting and being in black and white sets the mood.
'I am very pleased to be chosen as this week's winner against so much competition.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Long receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k