Epic action shot of falling branch wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This incredible action shot capturing the large branch of a polar tree falling to the ground after being cut with a chainsaw was taken by 72-year-old Janet Tillet in Lowestoft.
Ms Tillet used her Lumix TZ100 to take the fabulous picture after noting the tree technician carrying out work on overgrown trees near the bottom of her garden.
She said: 'I was taking photos all day and just timed this one right - it was the last cut of the tree.
'I just love this photo - it looks like the branch is flying.'
She added: 'I am so pleased to win Picture of the Week - thank you so much.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms Tillet receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k