Wonderful countryside shot crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fabulous shot capturing a fleeting sunset peaking out from behind a dark cloud over Oulton Marshes has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 21-year-old Jamie Earrye, from Alexandra Road, Lowestoft.
He said: 'I was actually taking photos of a barn owl that hunts in the fields and I saw the potential of this shot while I was waiting for the owl to come back around.
'I like the image because it shows that Lowestoft and the surrounding area does have some beautiful sites that you don't often see because everybody always seem too busy to take a look.'
As our winner, Mr Earrye receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home