Wonderful countryside shot crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fabulous shot capturing a fleeting sunset peaking out from behind a dark cloud over Oulton Marshes has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by 21-year-old Jamie Earrye, from Alexandra Road, Lowestoft.
He said: 'I was actually taking photos of a barn owl that hunts in the fields and I saw the potential of this shot while I was waiting for the owl to come back around.
'I like the image because it shows that Lowestoft and the surrounding area does have some beautiful sites that you don't often see because everybody always seem too busy to take a look.'
As our winner, Mr Earrye receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday