Vibrant and colourful close-up crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite close-up shot capturing the vibrant colours of summer has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 61-year-old Georgina Brown from Lowestoft, who used her Lumix GX8 to take the photograph at Suffolk Wildlife Trust's Lound Lakes.
She said: 'My husband and I spend a lot of our free time walking around nature reserves looking for different things to photograph.
'The weather is so hot and sunny at the moment it has brought out some beautiful coloured insects.'
Mrs Brown added: 'I am really pleased as I have only just started doing macro shots.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 6 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 9 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch