Vibrant and colourful close-up crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite close-up shot capturing the vibrant colours of summer has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 61-year-old Georgina Brown from Lowestoft, who used her Lumix GX8 to take the photograph at Suffolk Wildlife Trust's Lound Lakes.
She said: 'My husband and I spend a lot of our free time walking around nature reserves looking for different things to photograph.
'The weather is so hot and sunny at the moment it has brought out some beautiful coloured insects.'
Mrs Brown added: 'I am really pleased as I have only just started doing macro shots.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree