Stunning close-up of bathing bird wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite close-up shot capturing a bird staying cool during the oppressive heatwave has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 68-year-old Ricky Cone from Lowestoft in his back garden.
Mr Cone said: 'After filling a bowl with water on my feeder for the birds to get a drink I was called by my partner to come and have a look and there it was - so I rushed for my camera.'
'I love taking pictures of wildlife and winning The Journal's Picture of the Week has made my day.'
As our winner, Mr Cone receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft