Stunning shot of swallow feeding her young win The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph capturing a swallow feeding its young has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 61-year-old Georgina Brown from Lowestoft during a recent trip to Carlton Marshes.
Mrs Brown said: 'My husband and I have been getting up and going out early on these lovely sunny mornings and had been watching them feed their young for a while.
'One morning I put the camera on burst mode to try my luck - they are so quick I was chuffed when I managed to get several pictures of the them.'
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat