Picture of the Week: April 16, 2010
LET'S GO FLY A KITE: This photograph of a kite struggling to escape has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.It was taken by Ros Payne, of Corton Road, in Lowestoft, while she was watching her son Jack fly his kite on the town's south beach in February.
LET'S GO FLY A KITE: This photograph of a kite struggling to escape has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Ros Payne, of Corton Road, in Lowestoft, while she was watching her son Jack fly his kite on the town's south beach in February.
'The enormous clear blue sky, sandy beach and of course the wind, sum up Lowestoft at its best,' said Mrs Payne.
The judges were particularly impressed by the way Mrs Payne had managed to capture her son and the kite at opposite corners of the frame.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Payne will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when she will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree