Picture of the Week: April 23, 2010
REFLECTED GLORY: This charming photograph of trees reflected in a stream was taken by Rachael Hardie, of Great Yarmouth.The judges were impressed by the photograph's composition and the way the tree's reflection is captured in the water.
REFLECTED GLORY: This charming photograph of trees reflected in a stream was taken by Rachael Hardie, of Great Yarmouth.
The judges were impressed by the photograph's composition and the way the tree's reflection is captured in the water.
Rachael will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60 from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when Rachael will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature.
They must be taken by amateur photographers and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition.
Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk