Picture of the Week: August 12, 2010
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
Mr Greengrass took his winning snap when he was enjoying a trip round Scandinavia.
'I recently completed a 4,200 mile tour of Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway,' he said. 'A highlight was an idyllic two days spent riding the length of the Lofoten Islands, off the west coast of Norway, where the scenery is simply stunning.'
You may also want to watch:
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.