Picture of the Week: August 12, 2010
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
Mr Greengrass took his winning snap when he was enjoying a trip round Scandinavia.
'I recently completed a 4,200 mile tour of Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway,' he said. 'A highlight was an idyllic two days spent riding the length of the Lofoten Islands, off the west coast of Norway, where the scenery is simply stunning.'
You may also want to watch:
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.