Picture of the Week: August 12, 2010
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
Mr Greengrass took his winning snap when he was enjoying a trip round Scandinavia.
'I recently completed a 4,200 mile tour of Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway,' he said. 'A highlight was an idyllic two days spent riding the length of the Lofoten Islands, off the west coast of Norway, where the scenery is simply stunning.'
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 2 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 3 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 4 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 5 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 6 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 7 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'
- 10 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.