Picture of the Week: August 12, 2010
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
A BEAUTIFUL landscape has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by Ron Greengrass, of Dell Road, in Oulton Broad, and marks the second week in a row that an undulating location has claimed the top prize.
Mr Greengrass took his winning snap when he was enjoying a trip round Scandinavia.
'I recently completed a 4,200 mile tour of Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway,' he said. 'A highlight was an idyllic two days spent riding the length of the Lofoten Islands, off the west coast of Norway, where the scenery is simply stunning.'
You may also want to watch:
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.