Wonderful close-up shot of flying bee crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This bright and colourful close-up photograph capturing a bee mid flight has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 34-year-old Jonathan Lakey from Lowestoft using his Canon 20D at Earsham Wetland Centre earlier this month.
He said: 'I've always loved capturing close up, detailed photos, but I always wanted to capture an insect in action.
'After a lot of trial and error I thought about how to improve my technique and came across the flower bed at the wetlands.
'I sat and waited for about 30 minutes until this bee flew into the frame.
You may also want to watch:
'I like the image because it is a personal achievement get and to finally get it after two years of trying gives me a really nice feeling.'
As our winner, Mr Lakey receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 3 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 4 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 9 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com