Super shot of curious squirrel is crowned The Journal’s picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb shot of a curious squirrel striking a pose at Nicholas Everitt Park was taken by 33-year-old Martin Crossman.
Mr Crossman, who lives in Carlton Colville, used his Nikon D7100 with a 300mm F4 lens.
He said: 'I was actually trying to photograph a kingfisher when this little chap came up behind me looking very interested in what I was doing, I couldn't resist getting down on the floor getting very muddy and wet to capture this shot.
'I'm absolutely over the moon to win this competition as I'm regularly out taking photographs of wildlife and this just makes it all worth while.'
As our winner, Mr Crossman receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park