Super shot of curious squirrel is crowned The Journal’s picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb shot of a curious squirrel striking a pose at Nicholas Everitt Park was taken by 33-year-old Martin Crossman.
Mr Crossman, who lives in Carlton Colville, used his Nikon D7100 with a 300mm F4 lens.
He said: 'I was actually trying to photograph a kingfisher when this little chap came up behind me looking very interested in what I was doing, I couldn't resist getting down on the floor getting very muddy and wet to capture this shot.
'I'm absolutely over the moon to win this competition as I'm regularly out taking photographs of wildlife and this just makes it all worth while.'
As our winner, Mr Crossman receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced