Picture of the Week: December 24, 2009
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.
The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
Mr Baker has previously won the competition in July, when his warm weather picture of his daughter enjoying Lowestoft's North Beach caught the judge's imagination. This time, Mike's winning entry is in very different conditions.
'I came across these two cockerels that were happily roosting on the metal racks that people can lock their cycles to,' he said. 'I think they were trying to keep their feet warm by keeping them off the snow.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 2 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 5 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 6 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 7 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 8 Inspiring girl helping tackle children's anxiety in reading videos
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk