Picture of the Week: December 24, 2009
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.
The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
Mr Baker has previously won the competition in July, when his warm weather picture of his daughter enjoying Lowestoft's North Beach caught the judge's imagination. This time, Mike's winning entry is in very different conditions.
'I came across these two cockerels that were happily roosting on the metal racks that people can lock their cycles to,' he said. 'I think they were trying to keep their feet warm by keeping them off the snow.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk