Picture of the Week: December 24, 2009
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.
The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
Mr Baker has previously won the competition in July, when his warm weather picture of his daughter enjoying Lowestoft's North Beach caught the judge's imagination. This time, Mike's winning entry is in very different conditions.
'I came across these two cockerels that were happily roosting on the metal racks that people can lock their cycles to,' he said. 'I think they were trying to keep their feet warm by keeping them off the snow.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk