Picture of the Week: December 24, 2009
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
THIS image of two cockerels perching in front of a delightful wintery scene has been named The Journal's Christmas Picture of the Week.
The seasonal snap was captured by Mike Baker, of Essex Road, in Lowestoft, when he was walking by Beccles Quay last Saturday.
Mr Baker has previously won the competition in July, when his warm weather picture of his daughter enjoying Lowestoft's North Beach caught the judge's imagination. This time, Mike's winning entry is in very different conditions.
'I came across these two cockerels that were happily roosting on the metal racks that people can lock their cycles to,' he said. 'I think they were trying to keep their feet warm by keeping them off the snow.'
Mr Baker will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 3 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 6 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 7 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 8 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 9 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk