Picture of the Week: December 18, 2009
THIS week's Picture of the Week is an unusual study of three fungi growing on a mossy bank.The stunning shot was taken by 15-year-old Steen Byant, of Chichester Drive, Lowestoft.
THIS week's Picture of the Week is an unusual study of three fungi growing on a mossy bank.
The stunning shot was taken by 15-year-old Steen Byant, of Chichester Drive, Lowestoft.
Steen is a keen and talented photographer who was also a weekly winner in the competition earlier this year.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 12in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60 from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers and we would prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 7 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 8 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
Send your pictures with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.