Picture of the Week: December 18, 2009
THIS week's Picture of the Week is an unusual study of three fungi growing on a mossy bank.The stunning shot was taken by 15-year-old Steen Byant, of Chichester Drive, Lowestoft.
THIS week's Picture of the Week is an unusual study of three fungi growing on a mossy bank.
The stunning shot was taken by 15-year-old Steen Byant, of Chichester Drive, Lowestoft.
Steen is a keen and talented photographer who was also a weekly winner in the competition earlier this year.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 12in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60 from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers and we would prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 6 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park
Send your pictures with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.