Picture of the Week: December 4, 2009
LICKING her lips, this lovable dog looks like she's just seen a tasty treat. But Lilla will be disappointed because it's actually her owner's daughter in for the nice surprise after her photograph was named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
LICKING her lips, this lovable dog looks like she's just seen a tasty treat.
But Lilla will be disappointed because it's actually her owner's daughter in for the nice surprise after her photograph was named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
Serena Bower, of Station Road, Brampton, was visiting her mum Fleur in Portugal when she took this delightful picture of her eight month old rescue dog.
'She now has a happy, permanent home with lots of other dogs for company and is a bright, energetic, lovely dog. The picture was taken with her looking down into the camera whilst I was in the swimming pool,' said Serena.
She will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when she is in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We also accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
- 1 Major £4.7m scheme under way to relocate pipelines in Lowestoft
- 2 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 3 Business growth means East Anglian energy firm is looking to recruit locals
- 4 Bin collections affected in parts of Lowestoft
- 5 'Intoxicated' woman grabs buggy with child inside
- 6 Man's death 'not suspicious' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Burglars break into garage and steal mountain bike
- 8 Former Grade II listed Post Office to be restored to former glory
- 9 Lowestoft in 2022 - How nightlife, tourism, retail and housing will change
- 10 Funding boost to aid repairs to historic coastal church deemed 'at risk'
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past entries and winners of the competition visit www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk