Picture of the Week: February 19, 2010
AN a-moo-sing look at a herd of cows has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The curious cows were snapped by Lowestoft Sub Aqua Club member Alex Liddon during a sponsored snorkel in the River Waveney in 2005.
AN a-moo-sing look at a herd of cows has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The curious cows were snapped by Lowestoft Sub Aqua Club member Alex Liddon during a sponsored snorkel in the River Waveney in 2005. That year, ten divers from the club raised �418 as they snorkelled from Flixton to Earsham.
'I had just surfaced and found all the cows in the field had wandered over to look at the strange creatures playing in the river,' said Mr Liddon, of Lound Road, in Blundeston.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 6 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 7 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group
- 8 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk