Picture of the Week: February 12, 2010
A LONE swan meandering along Lake Lothing beneath a glorious golden sky has been picked as The Journal's Picture of the Week.The delightful image was taken by Peter Waller on the bank near the railway bridge in December.
A LONE swan meandering along Lake Lothing beneath a glorious golden sky has been picked as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The delightful image was taken by Peter Waller on the bank near the railway bridge in December.
Mr Waller, of Romany Road, Oulton Broad, joins the exclusive club of Picture of the Week triple winners all keen to become the first ever quadruple champion.
He won previously with pictures of river cruiser racing and the maltings, which both featured Oulton Broad.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Waller will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast