Picture of the Week: February 5, 2010
A BLACK-AND-WHITE view of Pakefield Church has risen above the competition to be selected as The Journal's Picture of the Week.The recent celebrations to mark the 60th anniversary of its rededication have captured local people's imaginations, and this photograph shows the church in all its glory during the recent snowfall.
A BLACK and white view of Pakefield Church has risen above the competition to be selected as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The recent celebrations to mark the 60th anniversary of its rededication have captured local people's imaginations, and this photograph shows the church in all its glory during the recent snowfall.
'After seeing some old pictures of it from the 1940's, I thought I would send in a more up to date one,' said Eric Johnstone, of Cliftonville Road, Pakefield.
Mr Johnstone will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
The latest champion of champions collected her prize from Picture Studios recently, together with the subjects of her photograph.
Carolyn Gosling, of Longfield Way, Oulton Broad, picked up her photo block together with Hayden Friend and Charlie Munn. They were presented with the prize by Picture Studios' Matthew Goddard.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.