Picture of the Week: February 26, 2010
GULLIVER is made to look like a toy in this cleverly staged prize-winning photograph.The Journal's latest Picture of the Week is taken by William Robertson, of Akethorpe Way, in Lowestoft, and shows his granddaughter Billie-Eve seemingly blowing at the turbine to get it turning faster.
GULLIVER is made to look like a toy in this cleverly staged prize-winning photograph.
The Journal's latest Picture of the Week is taken by William Robertson, of Akethorpe Way, in Lowestoft, and shows his granddaughter Billie-Eve seemingly blowing at the turbine to get it turning faster.
Mr Robertson took the photograph when enjoying a weekend walk with his wife Jill and three granddaughters, Billie-Eve, 12, Fern, seven, and Teale, three.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions