Superb close-up of Grey Heron crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning close-up shot of a majestic Grey Heron has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was taken by 33-year-old Hayley King from Pakefield during a family holiday at Center Parcs in Elveden.
Ms King used her Canon Powershot to capture the creature and said: 'For the four days we were there I struggled to photograph him as the lighting was never too good and as soon as I got anywhere near him he scarpered.
'On the final day though the sun popped out and he had walked up to the patio where he posed perfectly for me to capture a few photos.
'I'm absolutely chuffed to be chosen as the winner.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended