Picture of the Week: January 15, 2010
WHAT'S UP DUCK? This delightful image of a large group of ducks at Oulton Broad has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.In a week dominated by snow-filled pictures, this image of the ducks waddling up the ice towards the camera caught the attention of the judges.
WHAT'S UP DUCK? This delightful image of a large group of ducks at Oulton Broad has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
In a week dominated by snow-filled pictures, this image of the ducks waddling up the ice towards the camera caught the attention of the judges. It was taken by Ashley Gardiner, of Minos Road, Lowestoft.
Mr Gardiner will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature.
You may also want to watch:
They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew