Picture of the Week: January 8, 2010
A FASCINATING close-up look at two great tits feeding has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The pair of birds at the feeder was captured by Barry Scaplehorn, of Hadleigh Drive, Lowestoft, when he was visiting Fairhaven Gardens, near Acle.
A FASCINATING close-up look at two great tits feeding has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The pair of birds at the feeder was captured by Barry Scaplehorn, of Hadleigh Drive, Lowestoft, when he was visiting Fairhaven Gardens, near Acle.
Mr Scaplehorn will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature like this week's winner.
They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return.
Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your e-mail Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 2 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 3 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 4 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 5 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 6 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 7 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 10 Landlord 'sells Lowestoft Banksy work for £2 million'