Picture of the Week: July 23, 2010
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
Julie, who lives in the village near Beccles, beat a number of other top entries in a week dominated by pictures of the SLP accommodation module's last days in Lowestoft.
She will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, where she will have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Debbie Casbolt, of Kirkley Gardens, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Reigning champion Debbie recently collected her 12in x 18in photo block prize, worth �130, from Picture Studios director Matthew Goddard.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.