Picture of the Week: July 23, 2010
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
Julie, who lives in the village near Beccles, beat a number of other top entries in a week dominated by pictures of the SLP accommodation module's last days in Lowestoft.
She will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, where she will have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Debbie Casbolt, of Kirkley Gardens, Lowestoft.
Reigning champion Debbie recently collected her 12in x 18in photo block prize, worth �130, from Picture Studios director Matthew Goddard.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 2 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 3 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 4 Former independent B&B transformed into five-bedroom home
- 5 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
- 6 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 7 'Helpful and happy' person died after inhaling gas
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Group celebrates 60th anniversary ahead of 'exciting relocation'
- 10 Southwold woman saved cyclist's life after crashing into river
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.