Picture of the Week: July 23, 2010
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
A GLORIOUS sunset on midsummer's day has been named as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
A week after a serene sunrise took the prize, Julie Stringer's beautiful shot near Uggeshall has been crowned winner.
Julie, who lives in the village near Beccles, beat a number of other top entries in a week dominated by pictures of the SLP accommodation module's last days in Lowestoft.
She will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, where she will have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Debbie Casbolt, of Kirkley Gardens, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Reigning champion Debbie recently collected her 12in x 18in photo block prize, worth �130, from Picture Studios director Matthew Goddard.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.