Picture of the Week: July 30, 2010
A WISP of dust, beautifully lit up by the setting sun, made for the perfect photographic opportunity for one Oulton resident. And now Simon Baker's tranquil photo has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
A WISP of dust, beautifully lit up by the setting sun, made for the perfect photographic opportunity for one Oulton resident.
And now Simon Baker's tranquil photo has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
'The picture was taken last Tuesday evening on the fields at the end of Mobbs Way, Oulton. I liked the way the setting sun was catching the clouds and highlighting the dust from the combine,' he said.
'For me it captured the feel of late summer evenings and harvest time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker, of Chiltern Crescent, will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.
Past winners of the competition can be viewed at www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk