Picture of the Week: July 30, 2010
A WISP of dust, beautifully lit up by the setting sun, made for the perfect photographic opportunity for one Oulton resident. And now Simon Baker's tranquil photo has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
A WISP of dust, beautifully lit up by the setting sun, made for the perfect photographic opportunity for one Oulton resident.
And now Simon Baker's tranquil photo has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
'The picture was taken last Tuesday evening on the fields at the end of Mobbs Way, Oulton. I liked the way the setting sun was catching the clouds and highlighting the dust from the combine,' he said.
'For me it captured the feel of late summer evenings and harvest time.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker, of Chiltern Crescent, will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. His picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147, London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.
Past winners of the competition can be viewed at www.lowestoftjournal24.co.uk