Picture of the Week: June 11, 2010
SUNSET silhouettes shine out as The Journal's Picture of the Week.Joanne Long, of Birch Close, Oulton Broad, took the prize-winning snap when visiting her husband Phil in the Greek island of Santorini.
SUNSET silhouettes shine out as The Journal's Picture of the Week.
Joanne Long, of Birch Close, Oulton Broad, took the prize-winning snap when visiting her husband Phil in the Greek island of Santorini. 'He works as a first officer onboard private yachts. He is second from the right in the picture and alongside of him are three of the other crew members,' she said. 'It was a perfect sunset that had to be captured on camera.'
Mrs Long will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'