Picture of the Week: June 4, 2010
LOOKING straight down the camera, this lovable Staffy posed perfectly for this prize-winning photo.Christina Howe, of Cambrian Crescent, Oulton, has been crowned the winner of Picture of the Week, after her image impressed the popular competition's panel of judges.
LOOKING straight down the camera, this lovable Staffy posed perfectly for this prize-winning photo.
Christina Howe, of Cambrian Crescent, Oulton, has been crowned the winner of Picture of the Week, after her image impressed the popular competition's panel of judges.
The winning snap features her dog Cookie in the field at the back of Dunston Drive and Sands Lane.
'This is where many dog walkers enjoy their stroll - no traffic and peaceful,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Howe will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her winning picture will also go forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, when she will be in with a chance of joining our most recent champion of champions by claiming a photo block worth �130.
Over the last fortnight votes flooded into The Journal's offices and in the end the overall winner was Debbie Casbolt, of Kirkley Gardens, Lowestoft.
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences
Her image of a butterfly was named the Picture of the Week for October 16, 2009, and now after joining the elite club of winners she will receive her photograph in a 12in x 18in photo block.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.