Picture of the Week: June 18, 2010
WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE THEN?This inquisitive giraffe has helped Jessica Smith, of Victoria Road, in Lowestoft, win The Journal's Picture of the Week competition.
WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE THEN?
This inquisitive giraffe has helped Jessica Smith, of Victoria Road, in Lowestoft, win The Journal's Picture of the Week competition.
Jessica took the picture at Colchester Zoo, when she visited with friends a few months ago.
She will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Her picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 4 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 5 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 6 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 7 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 8 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband