Picture of the Week: June 25, 2010
THIS week's winning entry is a stunning view of a popular Lowestoft landmark.Regular contributor to the competition, Bob Collis, of Oulton Broad, took this great shot of the swan sculpture in Station Square on New Year's Day 2010.
THIS week's winning entry is a stunning view of a popular Lowestoft landmark.
Regular contributor to the competition, Bob Collis, of Oulton Broad, took this great shot of the swan sculpture in Station Square on New Year's Day 2010. It almost appears as the swans are flying across the dramatic sky in the background.
This is the second time Mr Collis has won the competition, having also triumphed in January 2008.
He will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Mr Collis' picture also goes forward to our next six-monthly winners' final contest, with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a brush with nature.
They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email 'Journal Photo Competition'.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
Prints can be sent to: Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.