Vibrant kingfisher close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite close-up shot of kingfisher enjoying a spot of lunch at Carlton Marshes was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett.
Mr Tomsett, who lives in Oulton Broad, used his Canon EOS MK X MKII to capture the moment.
Last Sunday, after hours of braving the cold winds of Carlton Marshes he came across a kingsfisher who had caught a small stickleback.
Mr Tomsett said: 'I am really pleased to get this shot because the kingfisher is one of my favourite birds.
'It was very bright weather which showed off the kingfisher's fabulous colours and it was just reward for staying out in the cold for three hours.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight