Vibrant kingfisher close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite close-up shot of kingfisher enjoying a spot of lunch at Carlton Marshes was taken by 50-year-old Richard Tomsett.
Mr Tomsett, who lives in Oulton Broad, used his Canon EOS MK X MKII to capture the moment.
Last Sunday, after hours of braving the cold winds of Carlton Marshes he came across a kingsfisher who had caught a small stickleback.
Mr Tomsett said: 'I am really pleased to get this shot because the kingfisher is one of my favourite birds.
'It was very bright weather which showed off the kingfisher's fabulous colours and it was just reward for staying out in the cold for three hours.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 4 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft