Stunning sunset silhouette shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite sunset shot capturing the silhouette of Pakefield Parish Church against an amber sky has been crowned The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The photograph was taken by 55-year-old Jenny Bird from Oulton Broad, who used her Samsung Galaxy S7.
She said: 'I saw the sun setting with the church in the foreground and thought what a lovely photo it would be which is when I took half a dozen snaps.
'I am so happy that my photo has been chosen.'
As our winner, Mrs Bird receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 6 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 7 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended