Picture of the Week: March 26, 2010
A BEAUTIFULLY bright photograph that proves spring has finally sprung has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The seasonal shot of purple crocuses was taken by Mike Easter, of Breckland Way, Oulton Broad, when he was enjoying a walk earlier this week.
A BEAUTIFULLY bright photograph that proves spring has finally sprung has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The seasonal shot of purple crocuses was taken by Mike Easter, of Breckland Way, Oulton Broad, when he was enjoying a walk earlier this week.
'The flowers on Normanston Park seem to be exceptionally splendid this year,' said a delighted Mr Easter, who previously won the competition in November 2008 when he took a photo of snow in the park.
Mr Easter will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 2 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 5 A146 near Beccles closed by police after crash
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Bank holiday beer festival to take place at seafront pavilion
- 8 New fully vegan café to open in Lowestoft
- 9 Is this Suffolk's most stylish beach hut?
- 10 Three men arrested after 'unofficial Supermarket Sweep' in town centre