Picture of the Week: March 26, 2010
A BEAUTIFULLY bright photograph that proves spring has finally sprung has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.The seasonal shot of purple crocuses was taken by Mike Easter, of Breckland Way, Oulton Broad, when he was enjoying a walk earlier this week.
A BEAUTIFULLY bright photograph that proves spring has finally sprung has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
The seasonal shot of purple crocuses was taken by Mike Easter, of Breckland Way, Oulton Broad, when he was enjoying a walk earlier this week.
'The flowers on Normanston Park seem to be exceptionally splendid this year,' said a delighted Mr Easter, who previously won the competition in November 2008 when he took a photo of snow in the park.
Mr Easter will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew