Picture of the Week: March 19, 2010
OPEN WIDE. This image of a pig happily accepting a slice of brown bread has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.It was taken by Karen Mazzilli earlier this month at Midmeadow Farm in Ringsfield, near Beccles.
OPEN WIDE. This image of a pig happily accepting a slice of brown bread has been named The Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken by Karen Mazzilli earlier this month at Midmeadow Farm in Ringsfield, near Beccles.
'I cropped a bigger photo to get this picture, as the pig's appreciative smile really captured my eye and it warranted him having the frame all to himself,' she said.
The hand feeding the grateful pig is that of Karen's daughter Mariella.
You may also want to watch:
Karen, of Andrew Way, Lowestoft, will receive her photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when she will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 New shop set to open in prominent town centre store