Picture of the Week: March 12, 2010
BATTLING across fields, roads, water and that bridge, these legomen are just one step away from the pastry they were after.That could be the story being told by Kieron Taylor, of Wollaston Road, Lowestoft, who has won The Journal's Picture of the Week with this well worked image.
BATTLING across fields, roads, water and that bridge, these legomen are just one step away from the pastry they were after.
That could be the story being told by Kieron Taylor, of Wollaston Road, Lowestoft, who has won The Journal's Picture of the Week with this well worked image.
'It took me about half an hour to set up and get it right and sorted as it was a busy day in town,' said Kieron. 'It's part of a series of pictures which were taken for a school project.'
Kieron will receive his photograph in a 12in x 10in frame, mounted and inscribed, worth more than �60, from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. The winning picture will also go forward to a six-monthly winners' final contest, when he will be in with a chance of claiming a 12in x 18in photo block worth �130.
You may also want to watch:
We are accepting images for next week's competition. They can be of any subject, whether they are entertaining snapshots, luscious landscapes or a close-up brush with nature. They must be taken by amateur photographers, and we'd prefer digital pictures. We do accept prints, but they need to be copies as we cannot guarantee their return. Send your picture with your name, address and contact details to email@example.com marking your email Journal Photo Competition. Prints can be sent to Picture of the Week, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1NB.
To view past winners of the competition, visit www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk
- 1 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 4 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 7 Delays expected for bridge works
- 8 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 9 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 10 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media